Rated “Best Choice″ for 2015. This is the best tool tool for drilling acurate axle holes.
The Derby Worx Pro Body Jig for Pinewood Derby Cars is designed as a drilling aid to help create correctly placed axle holes on the body or correct mis-aligned slots in stock blocks when rules require their use.
• One major factor in building a super fast Pinewood derby car is drilling the axle holes perfectly straight and perfectly parallel to each other. This tool helps you to drill precise axles holes and create a district caliber Pinewood Derby car.
• The Pro Body Tool easily places the axle holes perpendicular to the centerline of the car and ensures parallelism in the axles front to rear. This helps insure correct tracking of the car and aids in alignment.
• The Pro Body Tool locates all of the axle holes at the same height on the body which helps ensure the car is sitting square to the track, for a equally balanced car left to right and an aid in alignment.
• The Pro Body Tool helps guide the thin #44 drill bit required to drill axle holes preventing deflection for a more accurate job. This is something that can not be done with a drill press plus due to the clearance required in the quill assembly in most hobbyist and home use drill presses to make the press work, there will most likely be some run-out in the drill chuck, this makes the Pro Body tool the most accurate choice plus only a hand drill is required for the job.
• The Pro Body Tool reduces friction!!! By correctly placing the axles in the body a builder will not have to bend or tweak the axles to get the car to run straight. In all cases, if an axle needs a slight bend to correct alignment the axle placement is incorrect and the bent axle jeopardizes correct axle to hub alignment. Although it has corrected the alignment issue it has more than likely created a slightly higher friction between the axle and hub.
Check out the following viedo on the Pro Body Jig.