Speed Wedge Body Block
With Extended Wheelbase
The Derby Monkey Speed Wedge body block with precision drilled axle holes located at the extended wheelbase location is ready for action.
Speed Wedge Body Block Features:
• Machine Cut Pine Body
• Precision Drilled Axle Holes
• Raised Left Front
• Pre-Drilled Weight Holes
• Optimized Center of Gravity
• Extended Wheelbase
• BSA Pinewood Derby Legal
• 7" long x 1 ¾" wide x ¾" to ¼" thick
• 1.8 oz
• Machine Cut Body: This pine body is ready to sand, paint and apply decals. It has been precision cut from the Official BSA Pinewood Derby block for perfect balance, symmetry and accuracy.
• Extreme Aerodynamics: It has been scientifically proven that aerodynamics plays a huge role in the speed of a Pinewood Derby car. Due to their shape, the wedge bodies cut through the air with ease. This body is only ¾" thick in the back and tapers to ¼" thick at the front.
• Pre-Drilled Weight Holes: This body comes with three weight holes that are pre-drilled with a 3/8” bit allowing you to pack more weight at the back of the car shortening its center of gravity and making it faster. These holes are ideal for 3/8" tungsten cylinder, lead wire or zinc round weights.
• Optimized Center of Gravity: The sloped body design and pre-drilled weight holes allows for the majority of the car’s weight to be placed toward the rear of the car creating an aggressive center of gravity. The shorter the COG the faster any car will go.
• Precision Drilled Axle Holes: These axle holes are precision drilled on a machine jig to ensure that all four holes are perfectly straight, square to the body and parallel to each other. This eliminates wheel binding and allows for a much faster car.
• Raised Left Front Axle: The left front axle hole is drilled slightly higher than the other three. Rolling on only three wheels decreases the start-up inertia required to get the car up to speed. So, the car reaches its top speed sooner.
• Extended Wheelbase: This body comes with the axle holes located at the extended wheelbase location. If rules allow use an extended wheelbase go with this block because it places the axles holes as far back/forward as possible to increase the distance between wheels without violating the maximum length rule. Extending the wheelbase increases the stability of the car thus decreasing wobble and increasing speed. Make sure an extended wheelbase is legal for your race.
• Meets BSA Pinewood Derby Specifications: This body satisfies all BSA Pinewood Derby dimensional requirements. 7" long x 1 ¾" wide x ¾" thick in the back and tapers to ¼" thick at the front
• Weight Requirements: This body weighs approximately 1.8 oz. It weighs 2.2 oz with stock BSA Pinewood Derby wheels and axles. So, you will need approximately 2.8 oz of additional weight. We recommend 3/8" tungsten cylinders or lead wire. Lead wire is less expensive and works fine. However, tungsten is non-hazardous and allows for a more aggressive center of gravity.