The DC Express is a lightening fast and super cool looking Pinewood Derby car.
This super fast derby car kit bring you awesome looks and blazing speed. The body design, weight placement, center of gravity, alignment and aerodynamics are all optimized for the absolute best performance. The DC Express will turn heads as it enters the room and then blow the doors off of the competition. This is a precision cut racer that features a slim 1/4" thick custom cut body to slice through the air with next to zero drag, precision drilled axle holes placed at the extended wheel base location with the left front slightly raised.
The DC Express Car Kit comes complete with:
* CNC laser cut body
* 3.5 oz Tungsten Canopy
* 4 Tungsten Cylinders
* DC Express Decal (as shown)
* Building Instructions
** Wheels and axles shown in photos not included and must be ordered separate.
NOTICE: The DC Express is legal for most Pinewood Derby and other pinecar type events. Please check your local rules to determine exactly what cars, kits, components and configurations are legal for your particular race. Pinewood Derby rules differ from one pack to another. (check your local rules to make sure an extended wheelbase and drilled axle holes are permitted)
Ultimately, the total speed of this car will largely depend on the builder. Alignment, lubrication and axle preparation are some of the things the builder must perform in order for this car to reach its full potential speed. The instructions that come with the DC Express explain everything you need to do to get the most out of this car.
• Laser Pre-cut Body: This pine body is ready to sand, paint and apply decals. It has been precision cut with a CNC guided laser for perfect balance, symmetry and accuracy.
• Extreme Aerodynamics: It has been scientifically proven that aerodynamics plays a huge role in the speed of a Pinewood Derby car. This body is cut to only ¼” thick for extreme aerodynamics and greater speed.
• Optimized Center of Gravity: The body design, wheels, weight pockets and included tungsten cubes allow for a very aggressive center of gravity (COG) from ½” to ¾”. The shorter the COG the faster any car will go.
• Tungsten for Weight: This kit comes with the precise amount of tungsten cylinders and a dome canopy to get this car to its ideal racing weight. Tungsten is the best material for weighting Pinewood Derby cars. It is denser than lead, making it heavier, allowing you to pack more weight at the back of the car shortening its COG and making it faster.
• Precision Drilled Axle Holes: The four axle holes are precision drilled on a machine jig to ensure that all four holes are perfectly straight, square to the body and parallel to each other. This eliminates wheel binding and allows for a much faster car. Make sure your local pack Pinewood Derby rules permit drilled axle holes.
• Raised Left Front: Its been proven that rolling on only three wheels decreases the start-up inertia required to get the car up to speed. So, the car reaches its top speed sooner. Raising the left front wheel allows the G-Force to reach its maximum speed sooner. Make sure your local pack Pinewood Derby rules permit a raised front wheel.
• Extended Wheelbase: The axle holes on this kit are drilled as far back/forward as possible to increase the distance between wheels without violating the maximum length rule. Extending the wheelbase increases the stability of the car thus decreasing wobble and increasing speed. Make sure your local pack Pinewood Derby rules permit an extended wheelbase.
• DC Express Decal: This kit comes with the DC Express decal set (as shown) for some super cool looking custom graphics. Use these included decals or create your own unique design.
• Meets BSA Pinewood Derby Regulations: This car body meets all BSA Pinewood Derby dimensional and weight requirements.
Enforcer Car Kit Includes:
• Pre-cut Body
• 4 oz Tungsten Cubes
• Building Instructions
• G-Force Decals (as shown)
NOTICE: This kit does NOT include wheels and axles.
CLICK HERE to select your desired BSA Pinewood Derby Wheels.
CLICK HERE to select your BSA Pinewood Derby Axles.