Rated “Best Choice″ for 2015. These are the fastest BSA Pinewood Derby wheels available anywhere... PERIOD!
The Derby Worx Pro Ultra-Lite Pinewood Derby Wheels are the fastest Pinewood Derby wheels on the market. These are official BSA wheels which are precision CNC machined with True Track Tread and reduced in weight to only 1 gram each. Extensive testing has proven that these are the fastest BSA wheels. These wheels can be raced without any additional preparation. Set of four wheels.
Pro Ultra-Lites Features:
• CNC machined lathed with True Track Tread
• Wheel bores reamed perfectly round and smooth
• Inner and outer hub faces squared
• Wheel tread is CNC lathed with True Track Tread
• Machined perfectly round
• Tread surface machined perfectly flat
• Slightly machined radius on the edges to replicate the look of a stock BSA wheel
• The weight of the wheel is reduced to 1.0 grams each
• Excess plastic removed from the underside of the wheel tread, the inside wheel face, and the inner hub
• The inside wheel hub is lightly beveled to reduce contact with the car body
What does this do for your car?
• Round and smooth wheels roll much faster than standard wheels
• Weight reduction provides a faster start because of low start up inertia
• Weight reduction improves the balance of the wheel for a stable and faster ride
• Beveled hub reduces the rubbing and braking when the wheel hub contacts the car body
• These wheels will make your car much faster
Note: Lighter wheels are only one of many factors that make a fast car. Light wheels alone may not improve your speeds. In addition to light wheels you must also have adequate lubrication, alignment and weight placement.
Not all BSA pack rules permit these Ultra-Lite wheels. Please check your local rules to see what wheels are permitted.