The Derby Monkey Finish Line Axle Polishing Kit
The Derby Monkey Finish Line Axle Polishing Kit contains 10 3½″ x 4½″ sheets of sandpaper/polishing paper from 400 to 8000 grit. This is an economical yet effective way to get a very good polish on your Pinewood Derby axles.
Sheets 400 through 2500 grit are wet/dry sandpaper. The 4000 through 8000 are thin sheets of 3m Polishing Papers.
Each kit has enough paper to polish at least 12 axles.
The Derby Monkey Finish Line Axle Polishing Kit includes one sheet each of the following: • 400 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 600 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 1000 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 1200 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 1500 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 2000 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 2500 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 4000 Grit 3m Polishing Paper
• 6000 Grit 3m Polishing Paper
• 8000 Grit 3m Polishing Paper
Finish Line Axle Polishing Kit Instructions:
1. Cut each paper into 1/4" strips, 3½" long
2. Insert axle in drill and start
3. Use a file to remove the crimp marks on the axle head and shaft
4. Dip a strip of the 400 grit sandpaper in water
5. Apply sandpaper to the spinning axle for 15 seconds
6. Polish the portion of the axle on which the wheel will spin
7. Polish the inside of the axle head
8. Repeat steps 4-7 using the other papers in order
9. Repeat the above steps for each axle