Monkey Slick Racing Oil Lubricant for Pinewood Derby Cars
This is the Derby Monkey exclusive Monkey Slick Oil Lubricant. This is a premium synthetic thin-film lubricant containing no additives giving it an extremely low viscosity. Monkey Slick will outperform any graphite or any other oil on the market when its applied correctly. Monkey Slick is also much easier and faster to apply than graphite.
Monkey Slick is almost undetectable. When properly applied, Monkey Slick is much cleaner and leaves no trace on the tracks.
This stuff is also perfect for that nice paint job that you worked so hard on. Graphite will stain and ruin a light color paint job but Monkey Slick will not.
Monkey Slick is an excellent replacement for the discontinued Krytox GPL 100
Please check your local rules. Many pack and district rules only permit dry lubricants such as graphite.
When using Monkey Slick oil it is important to remember that less is best. Applying too much Monkey Slick will cause the viscosity of the oil to slow the car down.
- Place one drop of Monkey Slick on the axle shaft where the wheel will rest.
- Gently turn the axle with your fingers to allow the oil to coat the shaft where the wheel will rest.
- Place a wheel onto the axle shaft.
- Spin the wheel a few times and allow to come to a stop.
- Remove the wheel.
- Gently wipe off the excess oil from the axle with a clean soft rag.
- Reinstall the wheel back onto the axle.
- Repeat for the other axles and wheels.