The Derby Worx Pro Hub Polisher and is designed to use a polishing media (Micro-Gloss Wheel Bore Polish and pipe cleaners are included) that is secured in a tool base for polishing the inner hub. By provide an equal pressure on the inner hub bore while being spun in a drill at a low speed, imperfections from molding are removed and break-in time of a new set of wheels is reduced. This helps in the mating of the surfaces of the axle to the hub.
The Pro-Bore Polisher cleans and polishes the wheel bore to minimize friction. In addition to the Pro-Bore Polisher,a pipe cleaner,1 micron plastic polish (included),a hand drill,and a clamp are required.
• Clamp the hand drill to a work surface using the clamp. Do not use a Dremel-type tool as the RPM is too high.
• Insert the solid shaft of the Pro-Bore Polisher into the chuck of the drill.
• Cut a piece of pipe cleaner 1-1/4” long.
• Slide the pipe cleaner between the two prongs of the tool. Make sure that the pipe cleaner is centered between the prongs.
Caution - Some polish may be thrown when the drill is running,so wear eye protection,old clothes,and cover any sensitive equipment on either side of the pipe cleaner.
• Apply a small amount of polish to the pipe cleaner. Spread the polish onto the entire pipe cleaner surface.
• Slide a wheel onto the pipe cleaner and over the tool.
• Hold the wheel and start the drill on a slow to medium speed.
• Move the wheel back and forth on the tool for 5 to 10 seconds.
• Slide the wheel off the tool onto the pipe cleaner and polish for an additional 5 seconds.
• Remove the wheel and stop the drill.
• Repeat steps 5 to 10 for the other wheels.
Important - Do not slide the wheel onto the Pro-Bore Polisher while the drill is running.
• Wash the wheels in water,using a clean portion of the pipe cleaner to scrub inside the bore.
• Dry the wheels. A dry portion of pipe cleaner can be used to dry inside the wheel bore