ProMax Axle Polishing Kit - THE BEST
Rated "Best Choice" for 2015. The ProMax Axle Polishing Kit is the absolute best Pinewood Derby axle polishing system on the market... PERIOD!
Experts agree that the better the axles are polished the faster the car will go. The ProMax Axle Polishing Kit is designed to polish your Pinewood Derby car axles to the maximum level possible. This complete kit will allow you to create the most optimized axles for top speeds and district championships.
This professional grade polishing kit consists of a total of 10 sheets of Extra Fine Wet-Dry Sandpaper and 3M Ultra-Fine Polishing Sheets. You will also get one jar of Monkey Jam Premium Axle Polish, one micro-fiber polishing cloth and instructions on how to put a district caliber polish on your Pinewood Derby axles.
Sheets 400 through 2,500 grit are wet/dry sandpaper. 4,000 through 8,000 are 3M Ultra-Fine Polishing Sheets.
Why are 3M Polishing Sheets so Good?
3M Polishing Sheets provide excellent flexibility for finishing and polishing Pinewood Derby axles. Comprised of micron graded aluminum oxide and silicone carbide particles slurry coated onto a non-woven synthetic backing, the superior flexibility of this product allows for fast and easy finishing and polishing contoured surfaces… including Pinewood Derby axle shafts.
Why is Monkey Jam so Good?
Monkey Jam Premium Axle Polish consists of a secret formula that creates an extraordinary metal polish. The particles that make up Monkey Jam are less than 0.05 microns which is equivalent to 60,000 grit (American Standard Grit). It will give your axles a super mirror finish.
The ProMax Axle Polishing Kit includes the following:
• 400 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 600 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 1000 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 1,200 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 1,500 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 2,000 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 2,500 Grit Wet/Dry Sandpaper
• 4,000 Grit 3M Polishing Sheet
• 6,000 Grit 3M Polishing Sheet
• 8,000 Grit 3M Polishing Sheet
• 60,000 Grit Monkey Jam Premium Axle Polish
• Micro-Fiber Polishing Cloth
1. Cut each sandpaper/polishing sheet into 1/4" strips, 3½" long
2. Insert axle in drill and start
3. Use a file to remove the crimp marks on the axle head and shaft
4. Dip a strip of 3the 400 grit sandpaper in water
5. Apply sandpaper to the spinning axle for 15 seconds
6. Polish the portion of the axle on which the wheel will spin
7. Polish the inside of the axle head
8. Repeat steps 4-7 using the other papers/sheets in order
9. Rub a liberal amount of Monkey Jam on a new ¼” strip of polishing cloth
10. Slide cloth back and forth on axle shaft and inside of nail head
11. Apply polish to axle for 15 seconds
12. Repeat steps 9-12 with same axle and new cloth
13. Repeat the above steps for each axle
14. Clean axles thoroughly with alcohol